Known as the 'Sunshine State', Florida is well-known for its year-round warm temperatures which make visiting the beaches perfect for any time of year. There is so much to uncover on Florida's coast, from miles of glistening white sand beaches and boutique shopping, to turtle spotting and thrill seeking in Orlando.
Click on the destinations below to discover the true diversity Florida has to offer, and begin your adventure!
Bradenton, Anna Maria Island & Longboat Key
Charlotte Harbor & The Gulf Islands
Greater Fort Lauderdale
Greater Miami & Beaches
Naples, Marco Island & The Everglades
Panama City Beach
St. Augustine & Ponte Vedra
The Beaches of Fort Myers & Sanibel
The Florida Keys & Key West
The Palm Beaches
Experience the Sunshine State
From sandy beaches to airboat rides through swamps, space shuttle launches to breakfast with Mickey Mouse, the Sunshine State truly has something for everyone. Every Florida city has its own unique history. Take a short break in Miami or head for the theme parks of Orlando before relaxing in one of the many resorts lining the Gulf Coast - a perfect romantic getaway for two or a fun filled holiday for the entire family. Shopping, museum-going, tropical rambles, historic stops and all manner of water sports showcase the state's versatility from big-city experiences and small-town fun to the planet's most beautiful landscapes. There are more than 1,000 golf courses, too. You can find it all in Florida!
USA'S BEST BEACHES
Florida has more than 1,300 miles of coastline, and much of that is made up of sugar-sand beaches. Each region's beaches have their own personality. The laid-back Keys are often called America's Caribbean and the azure water surrounding the string of islands certainly upholds that claim. South Florida's beaches radiate Latin charm and the Space Coast offers wide, packed sand that is perfect for bike riding or perching to watch surfers and rocket launches. The Gulf Coast beaches are among the nation's most lauded with unparalleled sunset views. The Northwest beaches are deep and inviting, playing host to visitors from far and wide.
In TripAdvisor’s 2019 Travellers’ Choice Awards, seven Florida beaches were named in the top 10 beaches in the USA, with Clearwater Beach making number one for the second year running.
- Clearwater Beach (No.1)
- Panama City Beach (No.3)
- St. Pete Beach (No.4)
- Pensacola Beach (No.5)
- Siesta Key Beach (No.6)
- St. Augustine (No.8)
- Fort Lauderdale Beach (No.9)
Things to do
- Head to the theme parks and attractions for a fun-packed day of thrills and spills! Florida is the home of the theme park - adrenaline seekers will enjoy all that Walt Disney World Resort, Universal Orlando ResortTM and SeaWorld® have to offer.
- Get out on the water. There are a multitude of ways to do it - from exciting rides in speedboats and jetskis, to the more natural ways of seeing the beaches and waterways such as kitesurfing, windsurfing and paddleboarding.
- For many visitors, dining out and sampling authentic local cuisine is high on their to-do list. Florida doesn't disappoint with its wide array of local seafood, including grouper, shrimp and the legendary stone crab.
- The Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex at Cape Canaveral is a must-stop for would-be space travellers. The history of the area and the U.S. space program is fascinating and entertaining, too.
- Party through the night at Miami's hottest nightclubs, such as Nikki Beach Club and LIV, or enjoy a cocktail with a view at one of the many rooftop bars along South Beach.
With so many must see destinations in Florida, why not try a self-drive holiday and visit several areas in one unforgettable adventure, or try a multi-centre break. We can tailor-make your holiday to suit your needs, contact our travel experts today, call us on 0208 290 9754 / 0844 557 0626