Travel Advisories

Hurricane Advisory

Before you travel

Prior to travel ensure that you have checked with your airline that your flight is operational. In the case of cancellations or delays the carrier will be able to advise of re-protections, alternatively please contact us on 0208.290.9754, and select option 2.

Customers in resort affected by an airline flight cancellation/or flight rescheduling travelling with an EU airline

Customers in resort travelling with an EU airline whose flight has been cancelled, are entitled to receive re-routing at the earliest opportunity, or reimbursement for the part of the journey not made. If passengers choose re-routing/re-protection, if the replacement flight is going the next day or later, passengers are usually entitled to recover costs for reasonable accommodation, meals and refreshments (non-alcoholic) in relation to their waiting time, plus two free phone calls, faxes or emails. Customers who have incurred unexpected hotel and living expenses should retain all receipts for their expenditure and contact the airline directly on their return home. The quickest way to claim expenses is to do so online using the airline web form.

Customers in resort travelling with a Non-EU airline

Non-EU airlines, flying from a Non-EU Country, do not have obligations regarding passenger assistance. Customers should ask the airline whether they will voluntarily provide assistance as part of a customer service policy. Customers should also refer to their travel insurance provider to determine what cover is available under their policy. Customers are usually offered flight re-protection with the original airline, subject to availability.

All passengers should provide contact details so the airline can inform you about changes to your booking

We appreciate your continued patience during this period and trust you will understand that whilst any flight cancellations and/or airport closures are an extraordinary event, the safety of our customers is of primary importance to us. It is essential that all travellers in resort continue to follow local and government authority advice during this difficult situation. We also strongly recommend that all travellers provide the airline with your mobile telephone contact details and email address so the airline can inform you about changes to your booking, the airline will not pass this information on to third parties.

Funway Holidays 24 hour toll-free Helpdesk for customers in resort who require during travel assistance

Customers who are in resort should contact the Funway Holidays 24 hour toll-free Helpdesk on 414 934 1505 or their original airline for assistance with flight re-protection, subject to availability as the airlines are responsible for providing your return arrangements.

Zika Virus

The Center for Disease Control, CDC has issued a travel alert for specific destinations due to the Zika Virus. Please see the website for more information.

Canada Esta – From 15 March 2016

Whilst we currently have limited information regarding the implementation of a digital travel verification system this will be a requirement from March 2016. We understand that there will be a $7 fee and it is valid for 5 years. For further information please contact: The ETA, is a confirmation of a foreign national’s eligibility to travel to Canada. While quite similar to the typical visa, the ETA application will be conducted online. The Canadian ETA system will affect foreign nationals from countries that are visa-exempt, namely travellers hailing from select nations in Europe as well as individuals from New Zealand and Australia.

Meanwhile, foreign nationals from countries that are not visa-exempt will not have to file ETA applications as there is a separate travel verification process specifically allotted for them. A traveller will log onto the website of the Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) and apply for an ETA by submitting required personal information such as name and date of birth and possibly a copy of one’s fingerprint, too. Authorisation to travel will then be dispensed via the site and the traveller will need to print this out and submit to the appropriate officials together with other travel documents prior to leaving for Canada. Since persons deemed undesirable or inadmissible, such as those with criminal records or those with no-fly orders, may be identified more effectively through the ETA system, then their entry into the country may be prevented.

USA ePassports

From 1 April 2016, all travellers wishing to enter the US under the Visa Waiver Programme will need to hold a passport with an integrated chip (an ePassport). British passports issued since October 2006 are ePassports and carry this internationally recognised symbol on the front cover. Those travelling under the VWP arriving by air or sea should provide details online at least 72 hours before travel. This is known as an Electronic System for Travel Authorisation or ESTA. If you do not have an ESTA you’ll be refused travel to the USA. For more information, and to apply online, visit the official ESTA website.

USA - FROM 21 January 2016: Approved ESTAs for entry into the US for those who have previously travelled to Iran, Iraq, Sudan, and Syria, or for those who hold dual nationality of these countries.

Approved ESTAs for entry into the US for those who have previously travelled to Iran, Iraq, Sudan, and Syria, or for those who hold dual nationality of these countries, could be revoked from 21 January 2016 following a change to the VWP qualifying rules. You are advised to check with the nearest US Embassy or Consulate before travelling to determine if you need to apply for a visa.

Changes to on-line information on the ESTA website about the new rules are not expected to be made until the end of February 2016. Therefore, if you have doubts about whether you're eligible to enter the US under the VWP, or if you have any questions about visa matters generally, you should contact the nearest US Embassy or Consulate for advice.