South Carolina, known as the Palmetto State, is situated on the South Eastern seaboard of the USA, nestled between the states of North Carolina and Georgia. Full of vibrant culture, beautiful beaches, expert-caliber golf courses, there’s plenty for visitors to enjoy.
Anchored by nearly 200 miles of beaches and coastal attractions, including world-famous Charleston, leafy golf haven Hilton Head Island and family friendly Myrtle Beach, enjoy Southern hospitality and charm around every corner.
Away from the beaches, enjoy one of over 360 beautiful golf courses which attract golf enthusiasts from around the world. For those who like adventure, why not paddle down America’s longest free-flowing blackwater river or cycle along the Swamp Rabbit Trail.
Learn about South Carolina’s rich heritage at the South Carolina State Museum in Columbia, or take a walking tour around Charleston and see the highlights of the Historic District.
Try a variety of Southern dishes from fresh shrimp and grits, pimento cheese, barbecue and frogmore stew!
Top 5 Experiences
- Discover the traditions and culture of the Gullah people, a civilization inhabiting the coastal Sea Islands.
- Visit during Charleston's annual Festival of Houses & Gardens showcasing the city’s private houses, historical residences and beautiful gardens.
- Take a trip to the Lowcountry and admire the views of May River or collect seashells at Hunting Island State Park.
- Experience the great outdoors and hike to the top of Table Rock Mountain for spectacular views.
- For a truly memorable experience, explore the picturesque coastline of Myrtle Beach riding horseback.