With a dramatic landscape that runs from mountain peaks to golden sandy beaches, and dotted with skylines of vibrant cities, North Carolina offers the perfect mix of adventure, shopping, sports, dining and culture.
Divided into three distinctive areas; the mountains in the West, the central Piedmont region and the coast, each offers amazing experiences. Drive along the Blue Ridge Parkway and admire 252 miles of stunning scenery, enjoy mile-high views at Grandfather Mountain, and see the beauty of Great Smoky Mountains National Park.
The Piedmont region is home to the cities of Charlotte, Raleigh, Durham and Winston-Salem which blend a cosmopolitan feel with Southern charm. You'll find great shopping, museums, art galleries and exotic animals at the North Carolina Zoo.
Venture to the coast to explore over 300 miles of unspoilt beaches, charming small towns and seven lighthouses. Coastal communities from the Outer Banks to Wilmington, welcome visitors to experience 'beach life' and explore a history dating back to the 1500's – you can even trace the steps of Blackbeard the pirate!
Sample delicious local cuisine on a journey through North Carolina, from preparing your own feast after a stop at the farmer’s market to Southern barbecue. There are also over 80 breweries and more than 100 wineries to keep refreshed.
Top 5 Experiences
- Travel 250 miles along the Blue Ridge Parkway and admire breathtaking mountain scenery.
- Visit America’s largest private home, Biltmore House, in Asheville and go horseback riding or rafting on the estate.
- Iron Man 3, The Hunger Games and One Tree Hill are just a few of the movies & TV shows filmed in North Carolina – film buffs will love a tour in Wilmington, known as Hollywood East.
- Explore the pirate history of North Carolina at the Maritime Museum in Beaufort
- Golfers can play year round in the beautiful North Carolina climate, plus there's over 400 golf courses to choose from.