Whether you're looking to relax and unwind on pristine beaches, explore history and culture, or seek adventure off the beaten track; Georgia offers something for everyone. Located just to the North of Florida, the Southern State offers a temperate climate with mild winters and a gloriously warm springtime.
In Atlanta, the state capital, you will find plenty to do, including shopping, dining and visiting attractions. From the Georgia Aquarium, which is the largest in the Western Hemisphere, to the CNN Center where you can take a guided behind-the-scenes tour and the World of Coca-Cola museum showcasing the history of this iconic drink.
Away from bustling Atlanta, take in Georgia's Antebellum Trail, running 100 miles south from Athens to Macon with beautiful and historic communities along the way. Georgia's North East mountain area hosts the starting point for the famous Appalachian Trail which runs over 2,000 mile North to Maine and is loved by serious hikers the world over.
Head towards the coastline and visit Savannah, one of the most beautiful and enchanting cities in America and a 'must see' part of any trip to the State. Both Hip and historic, explore the sights and sounds amongst the city’s more than twenty beautiful squares.
Along Georgia's coastal region with its unspoilt, pristine barrier islands and tranquil marshes, enjoy low country cuisine including soft shell crabs, Brunswick stew as well as slow cooked BBQ. Discover a haven of history and wonder on Jekyll Island, or take a short ferry trip to the idyllic Cumberland Island and perhaps catch a glimpse of the almost 300 wild horses that roam.
Georgia’s distinctive charm, varied natural beauty and unique history provide something for every visitor to enjoy and is a 'must see' part of any trip the Southern USA.
Top 5 Experiences
- Journey with Gentle Giants at the Georgia Aquarium, Atlanta. Swim with whale sharks, manta rays and more in this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity!
- Lunch at Mrs Wilkes Dining Room in Savannah and taste true Southern food including sweet potato soufflé and corn muffins.
- Home to pro sports such as the Hawks, Falcons and Braves, catch a game whilst in Georgia.
- Visit Tybee Island, just 18 miles from Savannah, and spend a day at the beach – be sure to try some freshly caught Wild Georgia Shrimp.
- Celebrate the beauty of Macon’s 300,000 flowering Yoshino cherry trees at the International Cherry Blossom Festival.